I think that we can all agree, convincing parents that you are responsible enough to own a living creature is pretty tough, especially if it’s a – brace yourselves – disgusting little rodent 😱 because hamsters are basically the exact same thing as no good dirty pests 😐 😡 😥
Well, if this is what your parents are like (maybe a little less extreme) this page is here to give you a little help!
- Watch every hamster video on YouTube to learn as much as you can. Spend your nights watching welcome home videos and make sure your love for hamsters grows. This will make getting a hamster even more important to you, and when you finally ask if you can get one you will be determined to make them say yes! Also, parents love it when you know everything about the thing that you really desire. It makes them feel more inclined to get you a hamster if they know that you put so much research into it.
- Write a few pages on everything you know about hamsters. So, you know pretty much everything about hamsters now. Try writing a few pages on the different types of hamsters, good and bad hamsters cages, and the true reason why it is so important for you to have a hamster. You can type it up on the computer and print it off, or you can write it out on paper. Don’t know what to write about? You can always check out my Why Everyone Needs a Hamster page, or other pages like Your First Hamster 101.
- Get a fancy looking folder and stick some cute hamster pictures in it. Cute pictures will usually persuade parents who hate rodents. Here are some suggestions that even my friend who hates hamsters found cute:
- Do some decorating to show how passionate you are. Turn your folder into a hamsterpiece!
- Finally, show your parents the folder. They will see how cute hamsters actuallly are, they will get some background info on hamsters, and they will learn that you are responsible and able to take care of a hamster. Note: They may say no at first, but be patient. Don’t get mad at them. Politely tell them that it is really important to you, but you understand and wait to see what happens. Hopefully, you’ll have a furry creature in no time!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Twitter: @hellohamster101
Follow me on Instagram: @hellohamster101
Email any questions or concerns you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow my YouTube channel: Hamster101